Sunday, August 16, 2009

prologue?

Hmm. It's the last day of summer. This is both good and bad. I wish summer had been a bit longer. Well, parts of it. Not other parts. Oh well. The ending hasn't been as good as I had hoped, but whatever. School brings things to look forwards(british spelling) to. (ending in a preposition. grammar, I shall defile thee.)

//

Portishead is awesome. I finally bought their second album (titled Portishead), even though I already have like half of the songs on it through the live CD. Anyways, I now have all of their albums, and am most happy. Artists who I have the complete discography of: Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Muse, Portishead, My Chemical Romance. Interesting selection. I'm working on acquiring all of Massive Attack next. Yay for trip-hop/electronica.

//

I don't want to brag, but whatever. Here goes. Well, my family decided to finally update our cellphone plan, so it actually fit our usage. Which means we all got new cellphones. I took full advantage of this, and got a Blackberry Tour. (Since I hadn't updated my old phone in like... YEARS, there was quite a bit of credit built up for a new phone). Anyways. It is pretty awesome. I generally dislike cellphones and texting in general... but I can check my email on this! yay! So, I've got it set up to recieve notifications for facebook, my gmail account, and my school webmail account. Awesome. Even better: I found a Pandora app for it! Yay music! And then... I FOUND AN SSH CLIENT!!!! This is basically the best thing ever. It means that I can log into my server... from my blackberry. And run things from the linux console. To test it out, I logged on, wrote a C source file in vi, compiled it with gcc, and ran it. It worked! All from my blackberry. Now I can do server maintenance WHEREVER!!! Hehehehe.

//

Okay. So yeah. School.
Here's the classes I'm taking:

Calculus 3 online from Stanford.
Theater 1.
AP Psychology.
English 4 Honors.
AP Physics.
The Voice: Creative Writing - Poetry and Fiction.

An interesting mixture.

//

...if I wasn't afraid...

3 comments:

  1. I HAVE THE BLACKBERRY TOUR TOO! it's amaaazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so i wasn't really a fan of the cheese book... well basically because it was over-the-top cheesy, but i love that one quote: "what would you do if you weren't afraid?"

    i love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for complete discographies! I pretty much fully contributed to Muse. The Arcade Fire is awesomeness. Lemme know when you get more Massive Attack!

    ReplyDelete