Monday, August 10, 2009

two songs/listen to them

These two songs are most excellent, and I've recently had them stuck in my head.

First, Handlebars by Flobots. The music video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuK2A1ZqoWs

I like the way the lyrics and the music video work together to tell a message. Neither of them would be as effective without the other, in my opinion. I think the moral is interesting - as individuals, we have incredible power and abilities. How do we use them? For good, or for evil? For progress? Is progress always good? This video thinks not. I am still undecided.


Second, The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel. I had a hard time finding a link for this... I wanted you to hear the studio version, not a live performance or a cover. This was the only thing I found: http://www.wat.tv/video/simon-and-garfunkel-the-boxer-1430v_1430y_.html

Anyway, I just love this song. Especially from about 4:00 onwards. Not really sure why, but this song has been stuck in my head now every single morning.

So. yeah. Listen to them if you want. Tell me what you think. Give me random songs to listen to. Whatever.

...and wishing I was gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment